If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character... Would you slow down? Or speed up?

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I found this…

when I was going through an old notebook of mine today, I came across a poem that I wrote back in ‘07 and felt it was one I needed to share.

 

We are not angels. We do not believe we are better, nor do we believe we are worse. But we do believe we are equal. We do not judge based on appearance or gender. We do not look down at others because of disabilities. But we do take every action or word into consideration. We accept the weird, the strange and the unusual. We let everyone in with open arms, only if they are willing to help out their neighbor in a time of need. We are known as a threat. We are known as the downfall of our country. Yet we are not, we will bring this country back. We are the youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment