If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character... Would you slow down? Or speed up?

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New life

For almost a month now, my mom has been in the hospital. She went in for a relatively easy procedure, and ended up having a heart attack and had a quintuple bypass surgery. It was a fight to even get her to go in for the original surgery, because she feared being cut open, and who can blame her? We are all blessed because she was in the hospital at the time of the heart attack, had she not been we would of all thought she was just asleep. I could never accept the fact that we were so close to losing my mom but she did only have a 10% chance of making it at one point. Then it really hit home when one of the nurses talked about our “near death experience in the family”. That was hard to hear. Probably one of the hardest things I've ever listened to.

I’ll admit that i have never fully appreciated everything that my mom does for me. If you would have asked me 4 weeks I would have had a different answer though. Not having her here has been one of the hardest things, it has made me really have to step up 023around the house.

So here I am stuck in the house all the time, making sure that things are taken care of, and I am missing this wonderful weather that we are experiencing!!

Let me just say that I love the fact that my son can be outside in just a diaper and not be freezing. I am really starting to appreciate life and I thoroughly enjoy that factor :D

Well now its onto more laundry, scrubbing, dusting and things of that nature. I hope you all have a good day and a better nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment