If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character... Would you slow down? Or speed up?

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 20: Nicknames

I have so many nicknames I don’t think I could come up with all of them… So I will do the one that has stuck with me the longest.

Hannah Banana/Banana/Nanner

This one is really reserved for my family, especially Nanner. Growing up this is a name that everyone has called me at some point in my life. In elementary school all the kids teased me with this name and it drove me crazy. I would chase the boys around the playground that used this nickname, cuz ya know… that was the cool thing to do. I don’t know why the nickname frustrated me so much, it seemed like I wanted to be more than that and no one could see past the name. Most people that I encountered while growing up seemed to make a comment about banana’s. Then after I grew up and the kids around me grew up, the name stuck with my family and I realized that it was something out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment