If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character... Would you slow down? Or speed up?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 14: A picture of you last year - how have you changed?

172

I have changed so much in the past year. I have come to a lot of realizations that have made the way I act on a day to day basis more like myself.

I have realized that I don’t have to bite my tongue to keep people that are supposed to be my friends happy. There have been so many times throughout my life during friendships that I just don’t say what is on my mind because I know that it will make someone mad or what ever the reason may be.  I have come to realize that I don’t have to do that any more. I don’t have to keep quiet just to keep a friend. If they truly want to be my friend they will accept everything about me… thoughts and all.

I have decided that outside opinions don't matter as much as I used to think that they did. Society can think what they will about me, but 95% of the time I shouldn’t care. I should be able to go out in public and have fun, chances are I’ll never see those people again anyways right?

I am starting to learn that I am a better mom then I have ever realized. I can’t compare myself to everyone around me, I am doing more than my best. My son is an amazing little boy and that is partly thanks to me. I just have to keep reminding myself that my son is better off with me here than with me gone.

I have changed so much in the past year because I am starting to be more comfortable with myself as a person. I won’t deny that I have things about myself that I need to fix and work on. I just have to keep reminding myself that change doesn’t come over night, but that you have to constantly be working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment